ALIGN is a joint venture between Bouygues, VolkerFitzpatrick and Sir Robert McAlpine, and is delivering the C1 package of the UK High Speed 2 line (HS2). Lot C1 consists of 21.6km of high-speed rail infrastructure in a rural environment. This will include a 3.37km viaduct, 15.75km twin-bored tunnel and five vent shafts handling both intervention and tunnel ventilation facilities.
We are now looking for a TBM Foreman Mechanic to join the ALIGN project, working within the Plant Department.
The TBM Foreman Mechanic is responsible for coordinating, managing and supervising all the mechanical activities on site, tunnel and surface in a mechanized tunnel jobsite. Installation Testing, Examination and Maintenance in a shift pattern.
The ALIGN TBM Foreman Mechanic will be responsible for:
- Active involvement in the erection of TBM’s on site under the management of the mechanical superintendent and the TBM manufacturer guidance.
- Compliancy with the RAMs and involvement in its agreement.
- Supervision of erection of all the TBM equipment on site.
- In charge of the shift maintenance of all the mechanical items used in the TBM while is in operation & Maintenance
- Responsible for ensuring an adequate supply of materials, tools and equipment to ensure minimisation of mechanical breakdowns supply down time and optimisation of production with the supervision and management from the mechanical superintendent.
- Responsible for require necessary the spares and consumables for the effective operation and maintenance.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate records of work undertaken, spares and consumables used in respect of the mechanical items in the TBM.
- Responsible to coordinate with mechanical superintendent in order to organize the erection, start up, maintenance operation in a dully way.
Skills & Experience
- The role will require the post holder to have excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal and to be able to report at management level.
- Previous experience in a similar position in a TBM jobsite.
- Strong mechanical background.
- Capacity of people management.
- Mandatory CSCS Minimum Level 3.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Hydraulics knowledge.
- Familiar with heavy lifting equipment and operations.
- Assembly and disassembly of TBM components.
- Maintenance of mechanical equipment in TBM as: Pneumatic greases pumps; Pneumatic systems; Maintenance units for pneumatic systems.; Samson equipment, valves regulators, control unit, silencers; Manlock status, silences, locks, manometers, thermometers, valves, seals of the doorlocks, etc. ; Hydraulic in general, being able to crosscheck schematics and
- troubleshoot the system of the TBM; Water system, inlet water filter, check the status, conditions of bag filter, etc. ; Slurry pumps.
We're ready to invest in you and your future, and offer wide-ranging, performance-related progression opportunities. Our competitive rewards packages feature flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities.
We'd love you to join us in proudly building Britain's future heritage. Apply online now.