ALIGN is a joint venture between Bouygues, VolkerFitzpatrick and Sir Robert McAlpine, and is delivering the C1 package of the UK High Speed 2 line (HS2). Lot C1 consists of 21.6km of high-speed rail infrastructure in a rural environment. This will include a 3.37km viaduct, 15.75km twin-bored tunnel and five vent shafts handling both intervention and tunnel ventilation facilities.
We are now looking for an experienced Site Agent - Earthworks to join our team at our Maple Cross site.
The Site Agent for Earthworks will take responsibility for planning and overseeing all bulk earthworks including excavations, compaction, calculations, cut and fill, stabilisation, logistics, and supply for the Southern Portal including the movement and relocation of spoil and other bulk materials. They shall ensure all works are planned and carried out safely, to the required standards, and to time and budget allocations.
- Ensuring works on site are carried out safely with due regard to the protection of the workforce, public and the environment.
- Ensuring all bulk earthworks are delivered efficiently, to the required quality and in accordance with the project programme.
- Ensuring that all assurance and compliance certificates are generated and collated.
- Ensuring that CDM regulations are complied with and in particular the CDM Health & Safety file is compiled.
- Planning and supervising short and medium term site works: procurement requirements and requisitions, deliveries, subcontractors, instillations, utilities etc.
- Planning long term works (more than 4 months in advance): reviewing drawings, initiating procurement requirements, developing design along with specialists, and evaluating potential construction problems.
- Producing look ahead programmes of work in detail.
- Evaluating and preparing Early Warnings notices to project controls and describe mitigating measures.
- Attending meetings as requested with HS2 (Client), design partners and other project teams to give clarification on construction proposals and answer questions.
- Managing and coordinating subcontractors works and documentation.
- Preparing and reviewing Method Statements and ITPs. Coordinating materials approvals process.
- Producing weekly reports on site progress.
- Managing effective use of materials and control waste.
- Complying with requirements outlined in Align’s Environmental Management Plan.
- Fulfilling Health & Safety responsibilities by adhering to the Company’s Health & Safety Policy and Management Plans.
- Complying with all Company’s Policies and Procedures.
- Undertaking other such reasonable duties appropriate to the role.
Skills & Experience
- Degree in Civil Engineering or similar.
- Substantial experience within bulk earthworks on major infrastructure projects.
- Computer skills to create documents such as managerial reports, emails, spreadsheets etc.
- Have demonstrable experience of leadership, sub contractor management and financial acumen.
- Experience of effective problem solving on major tunnelling projects.
- Have excellent Organisational skills and the ability to plan ahead and manage own time.
- A good working knowledge of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, Construction Health, Safety and Welfare Regulations 1996, Construction Design and Management Regulations 2007, Management of health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999 and other relevant legislation
- CITB Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS).
- Supervisory CSCS Card (Black).
- Holds a Confined Spaces Training Certificate.
- Holds First Aid Training certificate.
We're ready to invest in you and your future, and offer wide-ranging, performance-related progression opportunities. Our competitive rewards packages feature flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities.
We'd love you to join us in proudly building Britain's future heritage. Apply online now.