PLC Electrician - TBM
The industrial PLC Electrician technician will be in charge of the preventive and curative maintenance of all plant and machinery with control logic command inside the jobsite.
ALIGN is a joint venture between Bouygues, VolkerFitzpatrick and Sir Robert McAlpine, and is delivering the C1 package of the UK High Speed 2 line (HS2). Lot C1 consists of 21.6km of high-speed rail infrastructure in a rural environment. This will include a 3.37km viaduct, 15.75km twin-bored tunnel and five vent shafts handling both intervention and tunnel ventilation facilities.
We are now looking for a PLC Electrician to join our tunnelling team.
The industrial PLC Electrician technician will be in charge of the preventive and curative maintenance of all plant and machinery with control logic command inside the jobsite. The jobsite will be divided in several areas depending of the complexity.
This role shall work out of our tunnelling office at our Maple Cross site.
The ALIGN PLC Electrician shall:
- Preventive and curative maintenance off all plant and equipment for the Electrical and automation part.
- Work with mechanical and production service to maintain all plant and equipment on site.
- Work with mechanical and production service to improve and adapt the different equiptment on site.
- Automatization of any require process which is needed from human input in order to automate the process till certain levels.
- Identify and specify hardware needed to achieve certain automate in process already functioning with human input.
- Plan and manage electrical and electronic installation and repair during programmed stoppages of works activities.
- Responsible for ensuring an adequate supply of materials, tools and equipment to ensure minimisation of electrical supply down time and optimisation of production.
- Inspection of work undertaken to ensure it meets the codes, regulations and standards required.
- Responsible for managing the spares and consumables required for the effective operation and maintenance
- Responsible for maintaining accurate records of work undertaken, spares and consumables used in respect of electrical and electronic components used.
- Assisting Align JV in its pursuit of continual improvement in environmental performance.
- Proactivity co-ordinate, co-operate and interface with internal and external parties associates with the works you are accountable for;
- Take part in, and personally contribute to health & safety events, meetings and campaigns, and promote and implement the health & safety programme;
- Ensure that the persons for whom you are responsible for are aware and accurately informed about the risks and hazards associated with their task and of their own health & safety responsibilities and accountabilities;
- Challenge poor health & safety performance and personally take action when you see a breach of rules or unsafe practices, however small;
- Ensure that purposeful and structured communicate system is established between yourself and the workforce
- Ensure compliance with, and support of health & safety plans, audits, visits or inspections by bona fide representatives when required;
- Engage and require high standards of health and safety from the supply chain
- Actively encourage feedback from the workforce and taking appropriate action where necessary.
Skills & Experience
- The role will require the post holder to have excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal and to be able to report at management level.
- Previous experience in a similar role, with a solid understanding of PLC, preferably within the tunnel construction.
- Capability to work in a multidisciplinary and international environment.
- Previous Experience in TBM’s jobsites.
- Proficient in different PLC programming software, (Siemens, Allen Bradley, Schneider…)
- Familiar with Industrial and IT network (Profinet / Modbus / Ethernet IP…)
- Electrical LV networks capabilities.
- Capacity to work under pressure in a collaborative manner.
- Capacity to work on shift if necessary
- Educated to OND - ONC level, City and Guild full craft level, NVQ level 4 or equivalent in electrical engineering or related discipline. A low educational level combined with extensive experience in a similar role would meet this requirement
- Demonstrate experience of managing the works of others and monitoring the quality and safety of their works.
- Working knowledge of UK electrical codes and standards.
- A working knowledge of the: BS6164 Code of Practice for Health & Safety in tunnelling in the construction industry. Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, Construction Health, Safety and Welfare Regulations 1996, Construction Design and Management Regulations 2007. Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999 and other relevant legislation
We're ready to invest in you and your future, and offer wide-ranging, performance-related progression opportunities. Our competitive rewards packages feature flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities.
We'd love you to join us in proudly building Britain's future heritage. Apply online now.