ALIGN is a joint venture between Bouygues, VolkerFitzpatrick and Sir Robert McAlpine, and is delivering the C1 package of the UK High Speed 2 line (HS2). Lot C1 consists of 21.6km of high speed rail infrastructure in a rural environment. This will include a 3.37km viaduct, 15.75km twin-bored tunnel and five vent shafts handling both intervention and tunnel ventilation facilities.
We are now looking for a Junior Engineer to join the team at our Maple Cross site working within our Precast team.
The ALIGN Junior Engineer will be involved in all on site engineering activities associated with the tunnel pre-cast factory. Including the on-site monitoring of all aspects of the production of the tunnel precast segments of the section C1.
The Junior Engineer will ensure that all production tasks are completed on time and within budget, whilst never compromising on the quality of the precast segments. This will include making sure that all different types of segments are produced as per the required production programme.
The role requires a high level of interfacing between internal departments, multiple subcontractors and suppliers.
The ALIGN Junior Engineer will be responsible for:
- Working alongside a team of site engineers & site supervisors including planning the ongoing activities as well as coordinating any other on-site Align teams.
- Ensuring that the required reinforced cages are procured, fabricated in a timely manner and delivered to site, ready for installation and production in line with the requirements of the production program.
- Ensuring the Senior Precast Engineer is updated on all issues as soon as possible, to mitigate the risk of production downtime.
- Ensuring all site based activities are communicated to the Senior Precast Engineer & coordinated with the Production Superintendent to avoid any conflict of planned activities.
- Recording any events which affect the day’s activities in a comprehensive site diary (e.g. weather, resource availability, instructions received, interfaces with other tasks etc.…) and providing the adequate feedback to enable the updating of progress reports, daily diaries changes and issues for areas of responsibility.
- Assisting the Project Control team to develop and detail the tunnel precast production programme and then develop the reporting tools of the works and production progress to the senior management.
- Ensuring that method, sequence and resource required to deliver the activities are thoroughly planned, programmed and delivered.
- Producing and maintaining 3 weeks look ahead programmes.
- Monitoring progress against the weekly programmes on a daily basis.
- Working with the cost control team to report the progress and to inform on cost changes.
- Working with the procurement team to ensure the adequate supply of the required production fittings and materials in line with the production programme.
- Coordinating and assisting the Align concrete manager & quality teams to ensure that all the required concrete tests are carried out by the external concrete testing laboratory as per the ITP’s.
- Coordinating with the maintenance teams to make sure all visual checks are carried out adequately, to ensure the smooth operation of all factory equipment.
- Coordinating with the maintenance teams to ensure all daily, weekly and monthly checks are carried out on all equipment, as per the carousel supplier’s recommendations.
- Coordinating all planned preventative maintenance tasks with the maintenance teams to avoid any unnecessary downtime to the production.
- Coordinating the various subcontractors on site, including the various supply companies visiting the site to install the factory buildings, carousels & moulds, gas compound, overhead cranes & gantry cranes.
- Reviewing interfaces with adjacent activities and ensuring that they are properly coordinated and communicated
- Attending regular site progress meetings with all involved parties to monitor progress, quality and safety.
- Attending the daily activity briefing to ensure that all team members understand the planned activities and are aware of any changing risks associated with the planned works.
Skills & Experience
- We are open to a Civil Engineering graduate, or someone with a few years in industry.
- A good practical understanding of Health & Safety requirements.
- Strong communication skills with good interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Ability to prioritise, plan, schedule and evaluate works.
- Ability to prepare long term programmes with assistance of project planner.
- Computer skills across the whole Microsoft Office suite.
- Qualified in an engineering discipline
- CSCS card
- Full UK Driving Licence.
We're ready to invest in you and your future, and offer wide-ranging, performance-related progression opportunities. Our competitive rewards packages feature flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities.
We'd love you to join us in proudly building Britain's future heritage. Apply online now.