Design Coordinator - Shafts
ALIGN is a joint venture between Bouygues, VolkerFitzpatrick and Sir Robert McAlpine, and is delivering the C1 package of the UK High Speed 2 line (HS2). Lot C1 consists of 21.6km of high speed rail infrastructure in a rural environment. This will include a 3.37km viaduct, 15.75km twin-bored tunnel and five vent shafts handling both intervention and tunnel ventilation facilities.
We are looking for an experienced Design Manager to work on Align JV, focussing on the five shafts of the HS2 project.
This is a permanent position. The Successful candidate shall work within the technical team and work on the 3.4-km long Colne Valley viaduct.
The candidate shall lead on all aspects of the design, including coordination between the main design joint-venture (ALIGND) and the various teams within ALIGN: geotechnical, methods, production, commercial, subcontractors...
The role and responsibilities of the Design Manager:
- Being the first point of contact between our designer ALIGND and the ALIGN teams for the assets under responsibility.
- Working closely and proactively with ALIGND and all ALIGN teams during design development to ensure early input into the design process, ensuring that documentations are produced, In time, In line with buildability preferences & methods of construction and integrating all input coming from the various ALIGN teams, including subcontractors
- Managing the release for construction of the design documentation
- Coordinating the approval by the designer of subcontractor shop drawings when required (i.e. foundations)
- Facilitating and proactively proposing solutions for issues arising on site, in collaboration with the construction teams and the designer site representatives.
Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience on a similar role within an appropriately sized engineering organisation or design consultancy.
- Educated to engineering degree or higher level or equivalent in engineering, typically structural or bridge engineering, or a relevant amount of experience.
- Previous experience working on shafts or heavy civil engineering is required
- Have a can-do attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- UK Driving Licence
- CSCS card
We're ready to invest in you and your future, and offer wide-ranging, performance-related progression opportunities. Our competitive rewards packages feature flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities.
We'd love you to join us in proudly building Britain's future heritage. Apply online now