ALIGN is a joint venture between Bouygues, VolkerFitzpatrick and Sir Robert McAlpine, and is delivering the C1 package of the UK High Speed 2 line (HS2). Lot C1 consists of 21.6km of high speed rail infrastructure in a rural environment. This will include a 3.37km viaduct, 15.75km twin-bored tunnel and five vent shafts handling both intervention and tunnel ventilation facilities.
We are now looking for a CAD Technician to join the team on a permanent basis.
The ALIGN CAD Technician will be responsible for supporting the methods engineer in the production of methods drawings for the project.
The ALIGN CAD Technician will be responsible for:
- Producing site installation plans taking into account Construction team needs and environmental constraints
- Keeping site installation plans up-dated making sure that all the available and relevant information (eg. temporary works design, permanent design when appropriate,…) are included.
- Producing sequence drawings. High level sequence and detailed sequence to check whether the envisaged work sequence is workable and communicate efficiently with the construction team who decide on the work methods.
- Producing temporary works drawings for construction based on the design/guidelines of the methods engineer and/or temporary works engineer (eg. Formwork, pad foundations, lifting plan,…).
- Producing Consents drawings to address Consents team needs
- Satisfying CAD standards to ensure the required quality of drawings is achieved
- Taking off quantities from temporary and permanent design drawings
- Extracting information from 3D models (Revit models)
- To fulfil Health & Safety responsibilities by adhering to the Company’s Health & Safety Policy and Management Plans.
- To comply with all Company’s Policies and Procedures.
- To undertake other such reasonable duties appropriate to the role.
Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience in Autodesk
- Proficient and completely autonomous in AutoCAD (2D) for civil engineering work.
- Good knowledge reading technical plans and extracting relevant information from 2D drawings and 3D models
- Attention to detail to create accurate drawings.
- An appreciation of BIM processes
- A strong work ethic and an enthusiasm to learn and develop
- Good communication skills
- Proficient in REVIT for Structure Works.
- Similar work experience
- Civil and/or structural design experience
We're ready to invest in you and your future, and offer wide-ranging, performance-related progression opportunities. Our competitive rewards packages feature flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities.
We'd love you to join us in proudly building Britain's future heritage. Apply online now.