As a Project Accountant with Align, you will have a key role in delivering one of Britain's flagship engineering projects that includes a 15.75km twin-bore tunnel through the Chiltern Hills and a stunning viaduct over the Colne Valley. The scale, complexity and importance of this project make this a career opportunity like few others.
The Align opportunity
The construction of the Chiltern tunnels and Colne Valley Viaduct are two of the most eye-catching and challenging engineering projects on the HS2 route. Align is the joint venture created to achieve this task – we've created one integrated team of specialists from three partners with global reputations: Bouygues Travaux Publics, VolkerFitzpatrick and Sir Robert McAlpine. By joining Align you can become an integral part of this landmark project – with the opportunity to develop your expertise as the project progresses and leave a legacy to be proud of for the rest of your career
Purpose of the job
Establish, administer, manage and monitor the general accounting of balance sheet, banks, assets and inventories to ensure successful execution of all accounting entries, ensure statutory and compliance requirements are met.
- Asset / inventories follow up
- Bank reconciliation daily
- PBA requirement / HS2 WI1500
- Payment management , Cash flow, P&L
- All Currencies the JV may Need
- Maintain Securities register (upstream,downstream)
- IFRS 15/16, VAT Returns, CIS Returns
- Oversee the preparation of balance sheet information and reports in accordance with statutory and compliance requirements.
- Participate in, or direct the development of accounting methods, compliance and governance processes and practices and administer approved accounting procedures.
- Be fully aware of IFRS requirement and implement all necessary procedure to comply.
- Ensure contractual and commercial awareness in Head Contract and subcontract agreements.
- Ensuring compliance with JV policies, procedures and standards, including consistency across projects and provide financial management training where required
- Promote a culture of business excellence within the finance and administration function through governance, accountability, innovation, transparency and reporting against all established performance objectives.
- Build strong internal and external stakeholder management through positive, proactive and professional communication to keep key people informed.
- Ensure activities related to the function comply with relevant Acts, national and state regulatory frameworks, legal demands, systems and ethical standards.
- Perform all duties in accordance with JV policies, processes, systems and procedures
- Manage Cash flow on short terms and liaise with Cost control for long terms
- Manage the currency cash flow and hedging if any
- Be the deputy of the Senior Finance Manager in their absence.
We're ready to invest in you and your future, and offer wide-ranging, performance-related progression opportunities. Our competitive rewards packages feature flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities.
We'd love you to join us in proudly building Britain's future heritage.