As a Warehouse Supervisor with Align, you will have a key role in delivering one of Britain's flagship engineering projects that includes a 15.75km twin-bore tunnel through the Chiltern Hills and a stunning viaduct over the Colne Valley. The scale, complexity and importance of this project make this a career opportunity like few others.
The Align opportunity
The construction of the Chiltern tunnels and Colne Valley Viaduct are two of the most eye-catching and challenging engineering projects on the HS2 route. Align is the joint venture created to achieve this task – we've created one integrated team of specialists from three partners with global reputations: Bouygues Travaux Publics, VolkerFitzpatrick and Sir Robert McAlpine.
By joining Align you can become an integral part of this landmark project – with the opportunity to develop your expertise as the project progresses and leave a legacy to be proud of for the rest of your career.
Purpose of the job
Align JV are looking for a Warehouse Supervisor to work on the HS2 Main Works Project. The role holder will be responsible for assisting with the implementation and management of Align’s Construction Consolidation Centre (CCC) along with an associated fleet of vehicles. The Construction Consolidation Centre will be central to Align’s logistics strategy, driving efficiency through the project and reducing our environmental impact. The role holder will need to be proactive, safety-focused, performance driven and willing to develop new skills.
The Align JV Warehouse Supervisor will be responsible for:
- Supervising the day-to-day operation of Align’s Construction Consolidation Centre- comprising a 700m2 warehouse with courier annex and external laydown area of 1400m2.
- Contributing to processes and procedures for the operation of the CCC e.g. goods ordering, receipt, put-away, consignment picking, despatch and returns. Also stock control and stock counts.
- Liaising with Align site teams to ensure construction requirements are understood and the CCC resource is correctly planned and allocated to meet KPIs.
- Supporting with the development and roll-out of Align’s Warehouse Management System (WMS).
- Supporting with the hiring, training and operational performance of around 50 operatives and drivers.
- Helping to investigate any procedural failures, ensuring corrective and preventative actions are put in place to prevent re-occurrence.
- Assisting with the health & safety culture at the CCC; making sure that all activities (e.g. lifting operations, manual handling activities and vehicle-pedestrian interfaces etc) are risk assessed and managed safely.
- Helping the team establish the day-to-day operation of Align fleet vehicles including telehandlers, diesel and electric vans, rigid Hiab delivery vehicles and minibuses.
- Investigating any H&S incidents and reporting these through the HS2/Align reporting system.
- Helping to provide the Logistics Operations Manager with KPI reports and operational & commercial updates.
Skills & Experience
- Computer Literate; competent using web-based systems/Word/Excel/Outlook
- Experience of warehousing, stores management or consolidation centre/cross docking operations.
- Process driven; with experience of writing/reviewing/auditing processes and procedures
- Strong organisational and multi-tasking skills, ability to build a team of Multi Skilled Operatives.
- Leadership; able to instil the correct culture within a team, set goals and manage outputs
- Good communicator; capable of maintaining relationships at all levels
- Experience of transport planning and legislation
- Experience of Warehouse Management Systems
- Experience within the construction / civil engineering sector
We're ready to invest in you and your future, and offer wide-ranging, performance-related progression opportunities. Our competitive rewards packages feature flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities.
We'd love you to join us in proudly building Britain's future heritage. Apply online now.