Surface Plant Manager
The Surface Plant Manager shall manage all plant responsibilities for the viaduct precast and precast construction activities from the plant management point of view
ALIGN is a joint venture between Bouygues, VolkerFitzpatrick and Sir Robert McAlpine, and is delivering the C1 package of the UK High Speed 2 line (HS2). Lot C1 consists of 21.6km of high speed rail infrastructure in a rural environment. This will include a 3.37km viaduct, 15.75km twin-bored tunnel and five vent shafts handling both intervention and tunnel ventilation facilities.
We are now looking for a Surface Plant Manager to join the team.
The Surface Plant Manager shall manage all plant responsibilities for the viaduct precast and precast construction activities from the plant management point of view.
This role shall be based out of our Denham/ Maple Cross site.
- To maintain quality standards in related equipment involved in the construction sequences.
- Control cost expenditure and budget.
- Help to motivate staff and organize the work force.
- Planning and reporting the maintenance of the equipment involved
- Technically support the rest of the team.
- Identify needs for future improvements in the equipment already operational.
- Contact and negotiation with suppliers.
- Spare parts and consumables monitoring and control.
- Report directly to the Plant manager.
- RAMS approvals and RAMS definitions.
- Support HR for recruitment of the personnel under them and assessing staff performance.
- Ensure a safe and efficient operation of the construction site.
- To support production team to achieve the program targets with minimum downtime due plant failures.
- To support plant team to manage all the maintenance related to the construction activities.
- Lease with the different departments to organise multidisciplinary tasks.
- Follow breakdown records and analyse them to warranty the highest equipment availability possible.
- Organise the personnel of the department to warranty the site coverage.
- Assist to meetings in order to coordinate the jobs to be performed.
Skills and Experience:
- The role will require the post holder to have excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal and to be able to report at management level
- Capability to work in a multidisciplinary team communicating with different levels in the hierarchy.
- Mechanical or electrical background in construction sites.
- Plant specifications development experience.
- Construction plant maintenance experience.
- Familiar with lifting equipment maintenance and mandatory examinations required.
- Capabilities to support technically the team in terms of troubleshooting and improvement of the facilities in place.
- Experience in FAT’s and SAT’s of bespoke machinery.
- Experience in machinery erection, commissioning and start up.
- Willing to travel occasionally to visit suppliers, FAT’s different jobsites, etc…
- Experience with formworks used for precast concrete blocks.
- Educated to HND - HNC level or equivalent in electrical or mechanical engineering or related discipline. A low educational level combined with experience in a similar role would meet this requirement
- Previous experience in a similar role, preferably within the construction industry in UK
- Demonstrate experience of managing the works of others and monitoring the quality and safety of their works.
- Previous experience in viaduct construction using launching girder.
- Previous experience in maintenance monitoring using CMMS.
We're ready to invest in you and your future, and offer wide-ranging, performance-related progression opportunities. Our competitive rewards packages feature flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities.
We'd love you to join us in proudly building Britain's future heritage. Apply online now.