As an Engineering Surveyor with Align, you will have a key role in delivering one of Britain's flagship engineering projects that includes a 15.75km twin-bore tunnel through the Chiltern Hills and a stunning viaduct over the Colne Valley. The scale, complexity and importance of this project make this a career opportunity like few others.
The Align opportunity
The construction of the Chiltern tunnels and Colne Valley Viaduct are two of the most eye-catching and challenging engineering projects on the HS2 route. Align is the joint venture created to achieve this task – we've created one integrated team of specialists from three partners with global reputations: Bouygues Travaux Publics, VolkerFitzpatrick and Sir Robert McAlpine.
By joining Align you can become an integral part of this landmark project – with the opportunity to develop your expertise as the project progresses and leave a legacy to be proud of for the rest of your career.
The Align Engineering Surveyor will be responsible for ensuring align engineers actively supervise and monitor the survey works. To analyse and ensure conformity with procedures of survey data. The role requires accurate booking and recording of survey data on site as well as mentoring and staff development. To ensure that the controlling survey positions and data are checked and updated at the specified intervals
- Undertaking Control Survey tasks both Horizontal and Vertical
- Supervising and instructing survey related staff to ensure quality, timely and safe work practices
- Ensuring safe execution of work at all times
- Managing productivity on the site
- Enforcing the instructed methods of surveying and monitoring as defined in the method statements and procedures
- Ensuring safe practices during all survey-based operations around the site in liaison with the site based Supervisor
The Monitoring of the surveying activities including:
- Monitoring changes in ground conditions both surface and in the tunnels
- Survey control of Surface, Tunnel and Shaft sinking
- Assist in controlling required profile
- Data capture and processing of all data produced
- Produce daily reports of results and changes in readings for project
- Experience in a similar role within the construction or mining industries
- Organisation and people management skills
- Demonstrate a meticulous and highly accurate approach to work
- CSCS card holder
- The post holder will be educated to degree or higher level or equivalent in a numerate discipline, typically Geomatics, Hydrography or Related Subject or Equivalent Military discipline.
- A lower educational level, typically HNC or HND may be acceptable where a very significant level of experience in a senior technical engineering role can be demonstrated
We're ready to invest in you and your future, and offer wide-ranging, performance-related progression opportunities. Our competitive rewards packages feature flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities.
We'd love you to join us in proudly building Britain's future heritage. Apply online now.