As a Visitors Coordinator with Align, you will have a key role in delivering one of Britain's flagship engineering projects that includes a 16.04km twin-bore tunnel through the Chiltern Hills and a stunning viaduct over the Colne Valley. The scale, complexity and importance of this project make this a career opportunity like few others.
The Align opportunity
The construction of the Chiltern tunnels and Colne Valley Viaduct are two of the most eye-catching and challenging engineering projects on the HS2 route. Align is the joint venture created to achieve this task – we've created one integrated team of specialists from three partners with global reputations: Bouygues Travaux Publics, VolkerFitzpatrick and Sir Robert McAlpine. By joining Align you can become an integral part of this landmark project – with the opportunity to develop your expertise as the project progresses and leave a legacy to be proud of for the rest of your career
Purpose of the job
The Align Visits Coordinator will be responsible for managing visits to Align sites. This could include visits from MPs, local stakeholders, interest groups, universities, colleges and schools.
The Align Visits Coordinator will be responsible for;
- Managing access to site.
- H&S issues including the use of PPE where required.
- Coordinating internally with key stakeholders with HS2 where appropriate.
- Ensuring the Visitor Centre and Viewing Platform are maintained in pristine condition.
- Ensuring that the content on display in the Visit Centre and Viewing Platform is regularly updated.
- Ensuring that all the technology available in the Visitors Centre and Viewing Platform, including the AR (Augmented Reality) elements are fully functioning.
- Supporting the Align Communications team as required.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in managing events and/or visits.
- Has the skills and confidence to maintain and update digital content on display in multiple formats.
- Can work to strict deadlines.
- Team player.
- Approachable and inquisitive, able to liaise with many departments to gain necessary info.
- Previous experience in working within Construction or Civil Engineering industry would be advantageous but not essential.
We're ready to invest in you and your future, and offer wide-ranging, performance-related progression opportunities. Our competitive rewards packages feature flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities.
We'd love you to join us in proudly building Britain's future heritage.