As a Communications Executive with Align, you will have a key role in delivering one of Britain's flagship engineering projects that includes a 16.04km twin-bore tunnel through the Chiltern Hills and a stunning viaduct over the Colne Valley. The scale, complexity and importance of this project make this a career opportunity like few others.
The Align opportunity
The construction of the Chiltern tunnels and Colne Valley Viaduct are two of the most eye-catching and challenging engineering projects on the HS2 route. Align is the joint venture created to achieve this task – we've created one integrated team of specialists from three partners with global reputations: Bouygues Travaux Publics, VolkerFitzpatrick and Sir Robert McAlpine. By joining Align you can become an integral part of this landmark project – with the opportunity to develop your expertise as the project progresses and leave a legacy to be proud of for the rest of your career
Purpose of the job
The Align Communications Executive will be responsible for supporting the Align Communications team in the development and distribution of content to both internal and external audiences. They will also play a key role in maintaining the different communications channels used to communicate with key stakeholders and ensuring the content stored is current, of a high quality and readily available.
The Align Communications Executive will be responsible for:
- Sourcing content and preparing regular staff briefings.
- Administering the content and the roll out of digital screens across all Align sites as the project develops.
- Administering the Align photo library tool that collates still, drone and time-lapse photography.
- Administering drone and time-lapse photography.
- Administering the selection and uploading of photos and video footage to HS2.
- Updating content to the Align website and LinkedIn pages.
- Supporting visits to site (schools, VIPs etc.)
- Writing content as required
Skills & Experience
- Good writing and communication skills
- Experienced in producing written content (newsletters, presentations, digital etc.)
- Can work to strict deadlines.
- Team player.
- Approachable and inquisitive, able to liaise with many departments to gain necessary info.
- Previous experience in working within Construction or Civil Engineering industry would be advantageous but not essential
We're ready to invest in you and your future, and offer wide-ranging, performance-related progression opportunities. Our competitive rewards packages feature flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities.
We'd love you to join us in proudly building Britain's future heritage.