As a Communications Manager with Align, you will have a key role in delivering one of Britain's flagship engineering projects that includes a 16.04km twin-bore tunnel through the Chiltern Hills and a stunning viaduct over the Colne Valley. The scale, complexity and importance of this project make this a career opportunity like few others.
The Align opportunity
The construction of the Chiltern tunnels and Colne Valley Viaduct are two of the most eye-catching and challenging engineering projects on the HS2 route. Align is the joint venture created to achieve this task – we've created one integrated team of specialists from three partners with global reputations: Bouygues Travaux Publics, VolkerFitzpatrick and Sir Robert McAlpine. By joining Align you can become an integral part of this landmark project – with the opportunity to develop your expertise as the project progresses and leave a legacy to be proud of for the rest of your career
Purpose of the job
The Align Communications Manager will be responsible predominantly for managing internal communications, however they will also provide day to day support to the Head of Communications in addressing all communication aspects. This includes external communications, crisis communications, digital comms/social media and branding.
The Align Communications Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing and executing an internal communications plan
- Sourcing content and preparing regular staff briefings
- Managing content across all Align’s internal communication channels
- Providing guidance to the Communications Executive on the managing and maintaining the Align photo library tool that collates still, drone and time-lapse photography
- Managing drone and time-lapse photography
- Managing the selection and uploading of photos and video footage to HS2
- Managing the Align website and LinkedIn profile
- Supporting visits to site (schools, VIPs etc)
- Writing and distribution content as required.
- Crisis communications support as required.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- An eye for detail.
- Significant experience in communications, working in a busy environment in which priorities need to be managed.
- Can work to strict deadlines.
- Team player.
- Previous experience in working within Construction or Civil Engineering industry would be advantageous but not essential.
We're ready to invest in you and your future, and offer wide-ranging, performance-related progression opportunities. Our competitive rewards packages feature flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities.
We'd love you to join us in proudly building Britain's future heritage.