D Wall Section Manager
ALIGN is a joint venture between Bouygues, VolkerFitzpatrick and Sir Robert McAlpine, and is delivering the C1 package of the UK High Speed 2 line (HS2). Lot C1 consists of 21.6km of high-speed rail infrastructure in a rural environment. This will include a 3.37km viaduct, 15.75km twin-bored tunnel and five vent shafts handling both intervention and tunnel ventilation facilities.
We are now looking for a D Wall Section Manager to join the ALIGN project, working within the Shafts Team, who shall support with the construction of the D Wall across all five vent shafts across the span of the project.
The ALIGN D Wall Section Manager is responsible for supporting the construction team with the technical and engineering aspects of the works, in particular:
- Method Statements
- Programme of the works
- Construction process
- Engineering specifications
- Set out and measurement
- Quality control, certificate and compliance
The Section Manager helps to create an efficient working environment, keeps production costs low and helps maintain employee morale. This Section Engineer, shall be working on the construction of our first Shaft, and then shall support the Site Engineers on the subsequent 4 Shafts.
- Liaise with the client representative and designers over design issues/changes.
- Assist the site management team to manage sections of the work/specific sub-contract packages.
- Take responsibility for checking and keeping records of delivered material, to ensure all materials used on site are in line with the specification. To include adequate checks on subcontractor materials.
- Carry out checks on the sub-contractor’s setting out.
- Carry out checks for quality in accordance with the inspection and test plan throughout the contract and duly record.
- Establish records; calibration documents and check registers for all instruments on site, including subcontractor’s instruments. Keep accurate records for excavations, reduce dig, concrete pours, reinforcement etc. and convey to commercial team
- Carry out surveys of completed works to record as-built conditions.
- Establish method statements and inspection and test plans.
- Establish and monitor detailed programme with the aim of meeting the milestones of the Project general programme
- Take reasonable care for the safety of themselves and of any other person who may be affected by what they do or fail to do at work
- Co-operate with their employers or any other persons in the performance of their statutory duties
Skills & Experience
- The post holder will be educated to degree or higher level or equivalent in a numerate discipline, typically an Engineering discipline. A lower educational level, typically HNC or HND may be acceptable where a very significant level of experience in a technical engineering role can be demonstrated.
- Membership of an appropriate Professional body, typically Chartered member of Institute of Civil Engineering or an international equivalent professional status.
- Demonstrable previous relevant experience within construction engineering, especially D Wall construction.
- Experience of managing or assisting with the management of programmes of work, ensuring the project runs to schedule
- Experience in managing or assisting with the management on site, monitoring, dealing with subcontractors and finding solutions to problems that may cause delays or extra costs.
- Experience leading or assisting with the leadership of site teams and mentoring them to help built a solid project team.
- Knowledge of the development and implementation of quality management. SMSTS Accreditation
- CSCS card
- Computer and language skills
We're ready to invest in you and your future, and offer wide-ranging, performance-related progression opportunities. Our competitive rewards packages feature flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities.
We'd love you to join us in proudly building Britain's future heritage. Apply online now.