As a Planner with ALIGN will assist the Planning Manager on all planning related activities and provide specialist support to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of one of Britain's flagship engineering projects. ALIGN C1 scope includes a 15.75km twin-bore tunnel through the Chiltern Hills and a stunning viaduct over the Colne Valley. The scale, complexity and importance of this project make this a career opportunity like few others.
The Align opportunity
The construction of the Chiltern tunnels and Colne Valley Viaduct are two of the most eye-catching and challenging engineering projects on the HS2 route. Align is the joint venture created to achieve this task – we've created one integrated team of specialists from three partners with global reputations: Bouygues Travaux Publics, VolkerFitzpatrick and Sir Robert McAlpine.
By joining Align you can become an integral part of this landmark project – with the opportunity to develop your expertise as the project progresses and leave a legacy to be proud of for the rest of your career.
The C1 Package includes the following elements:
- The iconic Colne Valley Viaduct which is a “structure of international significance”; 3+ km long and spanning the lakes of the Colne Valley (architectural images can be found online).
- Chiltern Tunnels – 2 x 16km long tunnels through the Chiltern Hills
- Western Valley Slopes (South Portal) – 2.5km of earthworks including the TBM launching portal and main compound in Maple Cross housing the TBM plant and equipment, main offices and tunnel/viaduct pre-casting yards
- 5 x Ventilation Shafts at Chalfont St. Peter, Chalfont St. Giles, Amersham, Little Missenden and Chesham. Shaft depth between 35m-65m with diaphragm walls up to 80m deep. Headhouses at each location.
As a Planner will be responsible for the development and revision of the Stage 2 program incorporating finalised detailed designs, new information from the construction teams, and updated subcontractor programme information. The role will also be responsible for updating the Clause 32 programme for Stage 2 and the reporting of progress information.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Support the development, maintenance and management of programmes including cost and resource loading, project controls and other time related/production control deliverables.
- Incorporate first principles to develop and maintain accurate programmes
- Engage with key stakeholders to ensure accurate project planning/controls and performance measurements as necessary
- Understand and comply with NEC conditions of contract and early warnings including exception reporting and mitigation proposals.
- Comply with ALIGN JV processes and procedures
- Maintain good relationships with the client, professional team and supply chain.
- Drive innovation within planning and project control programmes and systems.
- Support all necessary project controls providing status, trend, forecast early warning and exception reporting.
- Contribute to mitigation measures to meet objectives
- Provide exemplary planning and functional support on the project and support staff to meet their potential.
To ensure your success you will possess:
- A proven track record of working as a Planner within a similar role
- Demonstrated understanding of civil engineer construction methods, outputs and resources
- Working knowledge of civil engineering construction methods and techniques.
- Graduate Diploma/ Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or similar.
- Relevant Construction Skills Certificate Card
- Willingness to learn, absorb and apply detailed information from multiple sources.
- Working knowledge of the NEC conditions of contract
- Working understanding of Primavera P6.
- Strong organisation skills with the ability to establish priorities and manage deadlines.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to listen and challenge.
- Team player attributes with a can-do approach
We're ready to invest in you and your future, and offer wide-ranging, performance-related progression opportunities. Our competitive rewards packages feature flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities.
We'd love you to join us in proudly building Britain's future heritage.
Apply online now.