The Align C1 Consent team is headed up by the Consents Manager supported at present by three Area Consents Managers and two junior staff. As the scope of work grows Align JV are looking for an additional Area Consents Manager to join the existing team.
The Area Consents Manager will oversee and manage Statutory Consents for a section of the C1 lot for HS2. This will be achieved through effective management of the Technical Experts and engagement and interface with Align’s Production and Programme teams.
The Align opportunity
The construction of the Chiltern tunnels and Colne Valley Viaduct are two of the most eye-catching and challenging engineering projects on the HS2 route. Align is the joint venture created to achieve this task – we've created one integrated team of specialists from three partners with global reputations: Bouygues Travaux Publics, VolkerFitzpatrick and Sir Robert McAlpine.
By joining Align you can become an integral part of this landmark project – with the opportunity to develop your expertise as the project progresses and leave a legacy to be proud of for the rest of your career.
The C1 Package includes the following elements:
- ·The iconic Colne Valley Viaduct which is a “structure of international significance”; 3+ km long and spanning the lakes of the Colne Valley (architectural images can be found online).
- Chiltern Tunnels – 2 x 16km long tunnels through the Chiltern Hills
- Western Valley Slopes (South Portal) – 2.5km of earthworks including the TBM launching portal and main compound in Maple Cross housing the TBM plant and equipment, main offices and tunnel/viaduct pre cast yards
- 5 x Ventilation Shafts at Chalfont St. Peter, Chalfont St. Giles, Amersham, Little Missenden and Chesham. Shaft depth between 35m-65m with diaphragm walls up to 80m deep. Headhouses at each location.
The Align Area Consents Manager will be responsible for:
- Lead the process of acquiring consents for their respective Area, working with technical team and production (construction) team to deliver consents in a timely manner to ensure that they are available in advance of construction programme needs.
- Manage the preparation of the consents for their Area
- Manage the determination of the consents and reporting back to the relevant teams on approvals and conditions.
- The management of ‘compliance’ with the consent is the responsibility of the Site Teams (Environmental Management and Production/Construction Team)
- Management of any ‘non-compliance’ – The Area Consents Manager would lead a review and lessons learned for any non-compliance with support of the Site Teams (Environmental Management and Production/Construction Team). Support Consents Manager with HS2 HORACE review.
- Working with other Area Consents Managers to balance resource requirements and seek intervention of Consents Manager as required where peak requirements could impact delivery.
- Ownership of one of the forward look trackers, update monthly and issue to Consent Granting Body (CGB)
- Support the Technical Lead in engagement with Consent Granting Body (CGB).
- Support to the Consent Manager in updating the Align C1 Consents Register
- As the peak consent work declines, the Area Consent Manager would extend their role to take on duties for the whole of the C1 scheme supporting the Consent Manager.
- Support the Consent Manager in reinforcing consent awareness for the C1 team (Design + Construction)
Skills & Experience
- Demonstratable consents management experience on large infrastructure projects or equivalent, comparable industry/projects;
- Consent technical knowledge and experience in at least one of the following areas – Environmental Consents (Water, waste, ecology, NVAQ), Town Planning Consents (experience in work under project specific Acts and T&CP experience) Highway and Traffic Consents
- Degree or equivalent qualification and experience in one of the above disciplines
- Strong demonstrable leadership skills, with experience managing a large, multi-disciplinary team.
- Understanding of civil engineering practices, methods and techniques and programmes and critical paths
- Good report writing, MS Excel and communication skills
Desirable understanding or experience in the following areas:
- Membership of a professional organisation
- GIS experience
- Ecology and wildlife consents
- Noise and Vibration consents (Temp and Perm works)
- Surface water, groundwater and flooding consents
- Waste consents
- Town Planning consents
- Traffic and Highway consents
We're ready to invest in you and your future, and offer wide-ranging, performance-related progression opportunities. Our competitive rewards packages feature flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities.
We'd love you to join us in proudly building Britain's future heritage.
Apply online now.