The Precast Foreman Electric/Mechanic with ALIGN, shall be responsible for coordinating, managing and supervising all the electrical mechanical activities in the tunnel precast factory and in the tunnel segment yard.
The precast factories are composed of two carrousels, whilst the tunnel precast segment yard has three gantry cranes.
This role shall work a 5/2 shift pattern on days and nights.
The Align opportunity
The construction of the Chiltern tunnels and Colne Valley Viaduct are two of the most eye-catching and challenging engineering projects on the HS2 route. Align is the joint venture created to achieve this task – we've created one integrated team of specialists from three partners with global reputations: Bouygues Travaux Publics, VolkerFitzpatrick and Sir Robert McAlpine.
By joining Align you can become an integral part of this landmark project – with the opportunity to develop your expertise as the project progresses and leave a legacy to be proud of for the rest of your career.
The C1 Package includes the following elements:
- The iconic Colne Valley Viaduct which is a “structure of international significance”; 3+ km long and spanning the lakes of the Colne Valley (architectural images can be found online).
- Chiltern Tunnels – 2 x 16km long tunnels through the Chiltern Hills
- Western Valley Slopes (South Portal) – 2.5km of earthworks including the TBM launching portal and main compound in Maple Cross housing the TBM plant and equipment, main offices and tunnel/viaduct pre cast yards
- 5 x Ventilation Shafts at Chalfont St. Peter, Chalfont St. Giles, Amersham, Little Missenden and Chesham. Shaft depth between 35m-65m with diaphragm walls up to 80m deep. Headhouses at each location.
The Align JV Precast Foreman Electric/ Mechanic shall be responsible for:
- Active involvement in the erection and commissioning of the segment precast factory facilities under the management of the Surface Plant Manager and the manufacturer maintenance guidance.
- Ensuring we comply with the RAMs in place, managing the agreement of these.
- Supervision of the erection and commissioning of both carrousel equipment.
- Lead on all shift maintenance of all the mechanical and electric items used in the precast factory whilst is in operation & down for maintenance
- Responsible for ensuring an adequate supply of materials, tools and equipment to ensure minimisation of mechanical breakdowns supply down time and optimisation of production with the supervision and management from the mechanical superintendent.
- Responsible for requiring necessary the spares and consumables for the effective operation and maintenance.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate records of work undertaken, spares and consumables used in respect of the mechanical and electrical items in the precast factory.
- Responsible to coordinate with mechanical superintendent in order to organize the erection, start up, maintenance operation in a dully way.
- Lead by personal example and consistently set high standards of health & safety performance and behaviour;
- Maintain awareness of the Align JV’s health & safety policies, rules, standards and performance that affect their activities;
- Proactivity co-ordinate, co-operate and interface with internal and external parties associates with the works you are accountable for;
- Take part in, and personally contribute to health & safety events, meetings and campaigns, and promote and implement the health & safety programme;
- Ensure that the persons for whom you are responsible for are aware and accurately informed about the risks and hazards associated with their task and of their own health & safety responsibilities and accountabilities;
- Challenge poor health & safety performance and personally take action when you see a breach of rules or unsafe practices, however small;
- Reinforce to all direct reports and others that they have the right to stop work that may expose employees and other to harm;
- Ensure that purposeful and structured communicate system is established between yourself and the workforce;
- Participate in behavioural perception and cultural surveys when required;
- Engage and require high standards of health and safety from the supply chain;
- Actively encourage feedback from the workforce and taking appropriate action where necessary.
- Take reasonable care for the safety of themselves and of any other person who may be affected by what they do or fail to do at work
Skills & Experience
- The role will require the post holder to have excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal and to be able to report at management level.
- Previous experience in a similar position in a Tunnel Precast jobsite or a concrete production facility.
- Strong mechanical background.
- Capacity of people management.
- Mandatory CSCS Minimum Level 3.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Hydraulics knowledge.
- Familiar with heavy lifting equipment and operations.
- Assembly and disassembly of TUNNEL PRECAST FACTORY components or concrete production facility.
- Maintenance of mechanical equipment in TUNNEL PRECAST FACTORY as: Pneumatic greases pumps. Pneumatic systems. Maintenance units for pneumatic systems. Samson equipment, valves regulators, control unit, silencers. Manlock status, silences, locks, manometers, thermometers, valves, seals of the doorlocks Hydraulic in general, being able to crosscheck schematics and troubleshoot the system of the TUNNEL PRECAST FACTORY. Water system, inlet water filter, check the status, conditions of bag filter, etc.. Slurry pumps.
- Educated to OND - ONC level, City and Guild full craft level, NVQ level 4 in maintenance and extensive experience in a similar role would meet this requirement.
- Previous experience in a similar role, preferably within the construction industry;
- Demonstrate experience of managing the works of others and monitoring the quality and safety of their works.
- Experience in the maintenance of steam generators.
- A working knowledge of the: o Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, o Construction Health, Safety and Welfare Regulations 1996 o Construction Design and Management Regulations 2007 o Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999 and o other relevant legislation
- Previous experience of working in an underground project in the plant department.
- Language ability in French or Spanish or German.
- Membership of a relevant professional body would be an advantage;
- Safe use of chain blocks. Slinger Qualification
- Safety harness training.
- Tunnel Safety Card holder.
- Resident in the vicinity of the jobsite.
We're ready to invest in you and your future, and offer wide-ranging, performance-related progression opportunities. Our competitive rewards packages feature flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities.
We'd love you to join us in proudl