Align JV are looking for two Cost Controllers to join the Finance team within the Plant and Indirect cost teams. Managing specific cost forecasts and interfacing directly with project management.
As a Cost Controller with Align, you will have a key role in delivering one of Britain's flagship engineering projects that includes a 15.75km twin-bore tunnel through the Chiltern Hills and a stunning viaduct over the Colne Valley. The scale, complexity and importance of this project make this a career opportunity like few others.
The Align opportunity
The construction of the Chiltern tunnels and Colne Valley Viaduct are two of the most eye-catching and challenging engineering projects on the HS2 route. Align is the joint venture created to achieve this task – we've created one integrated team of specialists from three partners with global reputations: Bouygues Travaux Publics, VolkerFitzpatrick and Sir Robert McAlpine.
By joining Align you can become an integral part of this landmark project – with the opportunity to develop your expertise as the project progresses and leave a legacy to be proud of for the rest of your career.
The C1 Package includes the following elements:
- The iconic Colne Valley Viaduct which is a “structure of international significance”; 3+ km long and spanning the lakes of the Colne Valley (architectural images can be found online).
- Chiltern Tunnels – 2 x 16km long tunnels through the Chiltern Hills
- Western Valley Slopes (South Portal) – 2.5km of earthworks including the TBM launching portal and main compound in Maple Cross housing the TBM plant and equipment, main offices and tunnel/viaduct pre-casting yards
- 5 x Ventilation Shafts at Chalfont St. Peter, Chalfont St. Giles, Amersham, Little Missenden and Chesham. Shaft depth between 35m-65m with diaphragm walls up to 80m deep. Headhouses at each location.
Purpose of the job
Align JV are looking for two Cost Controllers to join the Finance team. As a Cost Controller on the Align JV you will supervise and coordinate day to day operations, supporting implementation and guiding the delivery of cost control procedures and processes to ensure compliance and alignment with organizational objectives.
The Align JV Cost Controller will be responsible for:
- Monitor and manage ERP SAP to ensure all costs are tracked and allocated to the relevant department and code.
- Manage all cost controlling activities and programs whilst maintaining strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Drive successful financial outcomes to minimise costs and maximise project efficiency.
- Ensure transparent, accurate and timely reporting including cost to date, forecasts, inventory, asset management, and staff
- Prepare and present monthly cost report to stakeholders including end of site forecast update and comparison with P6 programme
- Prepare and allocate all target costs to various WBS in a timely manner.
- Prepare budget variance explanations and drive actions to mitigate risks and maximise opportunities ensuring that these are accurately assessed and flow into financial reporting.
- Drive collaborative behaviour with budget owners to ensure that budgets and forecasts are challenged.
- Create stretch targets to improve financial outcomes.
- Ensure compliance to the risk management plan (RMP).
- Support and develop a 'one team' JV Culture within the department and wider project.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated experience in a cost control function (ideally within construction or engineering)
- Relevant qualifications in a related discipline (or equivalent skills and knowledge).
- Experience in operating office technology such as SAP, MS Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills, combined with demonstrated planning and prioritizing skills.
- Experience in asset management software such as Infor (Gmao) or IBM (Maximo).
- Strong attention to detail coupled with an analytical and problem-solving focus.
We're ready to invest in you and your future, and offer wide-ranging, performance-related progression opportunities. Our competitive rewards packages feature flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities.
We'd love you to join us in proudly building Britain's future heritage.
Apply online now.